The renting process of bicycles, both electric and classic models, their component and accessories from Let’s BIKE Sardinia is regulated by the following Booking Terms and Conditions, by the Renting Contract and by the Prices Menu.
The term Bicycle will be used in this Booking Terms and Conditions when referring to both electric (pedal assist) and classic types of bicycles.
18 is the minimum age to rent a bicycle. People younger than 18 must be accompanied by an adult, who will take upon him/herself all the responsibilities. In order to rent a bicycle it is necessary to exhibit a valid document, such as a Passport or an ID Card. All clients will have to read, accept and sign the Renting Contract.
The prices to rent a bicycle comply with the current market rates in effect. They are published and available for consulting on our website letsbikesardinia.com, on the Prices Board on our shop or on different agreements stipulated with clients.
The bicycle and/or accessories renting cost should be settled at the moment of the booking, or anyhow before the bicycle and/or accessories are handed over to the client.
clients will be asked to pay a refundable deposit of €120 for each rented bicycle, as a partial repayment in case of damage, theft or loss of the bicycle, its components and/or accessories.
The deposit must be paid in cash or via credit card. If paying with a card, the sum will be hold as pre-authorization only. In paying the deposit the clients authorizes Let’s BIKE Sardinia to withhold the necessary sum to cover damage, theft or loss of the bicycle and/or its accessories.
The deposit will be given back to the client once the bicycle with all its components and/or accessories are returned to Let’s BIKE Sardinia, provided they will pass an integrity inspection, carried out by a member of the staff.
The renting time starts when the bicycle is handed over to the client, and ends when the bicycle is returned to Let’s BIKE Sardinia, as agreed with the booking and/or on the Renting Contract.
When the bicycle and its accessories are handed over to the client, he or she must verify that they are in good and safe working order, otherwise point out to Let’s BIKE Sardinia any defect and/or anomaly. Any later notification will be ignored. By signing the Renting Contract the client confirms having received technical information and how-to-use instructions about the rented bicycle and accessories.
Safekeeping and use
The client must keep and use the bicycle and the accessories with care and diligence, taking all precautions necessary to avoid damage, theft or loss. Furthermore, the client must use them in conformity with ordinary use procedures for such vehicles and equipments, respecting the current road laws as stated on the Codice della Strada (Italian Traffic laws), which the clients declares to know and accept when signing the Bicycle Renting Contract. Let’s BIKE Sardinia refuses any responsibility in case the client uses the bicycle improperly or does not respects the laws of the Codice della Strada.
The client is the only responsible for any damage caused to him or herself, to the bicycle, to other people and to objects, due to his or her use or keeping of the bicycle during the renting time. During the renting time the client does not have any insurance covering damages and/or injuries caused to other people.
By signing the Renting Contract the client renounces to any claim towards damages and/or injuries linked directly or indirectly with the use of the rented bicycle and the accessories.
Bicycles and accessories must be returned in the same conditions as they were when handed over to the client, by 8pm on the returning day stated on the Renting Contract. In case of delay, Let’s BIKE Sardinia will charge an extra renting amount, calculated until the actual moment when the bicycle and or accessories will be returned.
- Cancellations for any number of bicycles and/or accessories received within 8 days before the starting of the renting time will not receive a refund.
- Cancellations for 1 or 2 bicycles and/or accessories received earlier than 8 days before the starting of the renting time, will receive a refund equal to 80% of the entire amount.
- Cancellations for 3 or more bicycles and/or accessories received between 8 and 30 days before the starting of the renting time, will receive a refund equal to 20% of the entire amount.
- Cancellations for 3 or more bicycles and/or accessories received between 31 and 60 days before the starting of the renting time, will receive a refund equal to 40% of the entire amount.
- Cancellations for 3 or more bicycles and/or accessories received earlier than 61 days before the starting of the renting time, will receive a refund equal to 70% of the entire amount.
The client is responsible for any damage occurred to the bicycle and/or its components during the renting time, for a maximum of €120.
On the other hand, the client has unlimited responsibility for any direct and indirect damage caused by his or her negligence or fraudulent act.
In case the bicycle or any component are stolen during the renting time and the client is not directly culpable for the the theft, the client is responsible for €120 only. The client will have to immediately denounce the theft to the police, demonstrate his or her innocence and return the the key of the lock of the stolen bicycle, including the battery charger in case it was an electric model.
If the client has not denounced the theft to the police or does not have the key of the lock of the stolen bicycle (and the battery charger in case it was an electric model) and cannot provide any proof of his or her innocence, he or she shall pay Let’s BIKE Sardinia the entire value of the stolen bicycle and/or components. The costs of all bicycles and their components are listed on a table on Let’s BIKE Sardinia rent desk.
In case of theft or severe damage of any rented accessory (such as helmets, pumps, bags and GPS navigators) the client will have to pay its entire cost, as listed on a table on Let’s BIKE Sardinia rent desk.
By signing the Renting Contract the client declares he or she is aware that:
- Injuries can occur and are part of the risk when using a bicycle.
- Using bicycles in Sardinia may lead to cycle on rural and isolated areas that are far from roads, on steep and uneven terrain, on tarmaced roads and dirt tracks. Many areas are wild, remote, abandoned and uncontrolled, physically and technically demanding, with grazing animals and shepherd dogs, and expose the client to actual dangers and risks.
- The client chooses independently his or her own itinerary and accepts all risks involved with its difficulty and the dangers linked to it.
Laws and Court of Jurisdiction
The Renting Contract and all the rights, duties and obligations that derive from it are ruled exclusively by the laws of the Italian state.
Any controversy deriving directly or indirectly from the Renting Contract is exclusive competence of the court in Nuoro.
By signing the Renting Contract, the client declares that he or she has read, understood, approved and accepted the above Booking Terms and Conditions.